Thursday, August 9, 2007

To Water or Not to Water? That is the Question.

It's 104. It's VERY hot. How hot is it? It's so hot that my son said he preferred the heat of the desert in Nevada to the heat here in the Atlantic Southeast. It's the humidity. I'd rather have trees than dust devils. But that's just me.

I've heard of people's water bills being four times higher than mine because they are watering the lawn. I know green looks better than brown but aren't earthlings supposed to be conserving our natural resources?

And, it's not only about looks. The green green grass of home is pretty but is it beneficial in other ways too? Does it shelter hidden to us insects and other creepy crawlers that would suffer without the green shade and creating an environmental change for the worse? Does it really matter that much?

Is it survival of the fittest and let the best man or bug win? Mother Nature wins by default and whoever survives with her is still driven by her. Look at Katrina or Hugo. There has always been drought and hurricanes. There is no answer for that except for controlling what is under our control.

I vote for brown and wish the critters well.

No comments: