Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fruit of the Earth

Today's green food was fresh zuchinni again. Four medium squashes sliced like french fries, coated with olive oil (first cold pressed Greek olive oil), salt, fresh ground pepper and oven roasted on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, turning once. Delish! A great side item and also a great addition to all kinds of pasta dishes.

I think I'll make my Italian sausage and pasta with parmesan sauce dish and add it cut into chunks with some cut up Vidalia onion.

My contribution to my Green Earth last night and today is to try and turn off anything electrical that glows. I've read if it has a light or glows then it is using energy. So, I turned off both computers. I'm thinking about giving up my plug in scents with night light. Maybe I can find out how much energy they really use and add up my savings in terms of energy saved and money saved.

No comments: